Wednesday, February 9, 2011

HFI Certification


I was waiting for a courier since last one month which I received it yesterday. I received my HFI certificate and stamp. I reached at home late evening. There were two couriers from HFI, one from Bangalore and one from Mumbai. I guessed one is a certificate and the other one is stamp.

I opened the certificate and it was a nicely laminated, shiny, thick certificate wrapped in two envelopes. I felt good reading my name on it.

I was more interested in the other package. I opened the box and found a stamp inside. I was impressed with the first sight of it. I checked the stamp from all the sides and felt the smooth surface of it. I took out some of the papers and stamped my name on it. I looked at the paper and my name on it.

After some time, suddenly a thought came in to my mind that this stamp is of no use for me. Where and when I am going to use it? What was the point sending this stamp to a person who works in the digital world and has hardly done any paper work since last so many years? How many of CUA’s have used it and how many times?



My expectations were something different. They would have provided a something like below image with name and certification name on it, which would have a hair band pin on the other side which we would have carried in the office wearing it on our shirts. We would have carried it to all Usability Conferences.

More thought should have gone through this gift.
What do you think?

1 comment:

  1. Please let me know this certification done any wonders on your career growth Y/N? If Y please let me know as i am looking on +ve words. if N then y you opted?

    Please reach me on din.raisalanke@gmail.com
    looking the response with wide open eyes.

    ReplyDelete