Monday, February 21, 2011

SYNC my browser at different locations


While reading online either at office or at home, I came across one problem.


I have few tabs opened in my browser at office and I want to continue my reading at home without using any online bookmarking tool. I don’t want to open up the bookmark application, sign in, click on the URL and then continue reading the page. What if I have multiple tabs in a browser and want to access all those from a different location? How can I have a single shared interface which will give me a seamless user experience regardless of different locations? Will a online browser or a browser plug-in will solve my problem?

I discussed this problem with my colleagues and got to know about Firefox’s sync plug-in which does exactly what I wanted:)

http://mozillalabs.com/sync/what-are-the-main-features-of-weave/

http://www.google.com/tools/firefox/browsersync/faq.html

2 comments:

  1. chrome has this inbuilt u can use it on any machine also u can use chrome to phone plugin and send the link to your android phone. (Sushil)

    ReplyDelete